Liked the ceremony (traditional, so little surprise in it), am ready for the cynics to give it a rest, and wish the newlyweds the best. I hope they listened well to their vows as well as the Bishop’s charge afterward. I also hope they learn from the mistakes of some present at the ceremony.
Here are 9 random thoughts while watching:
1. The only place to watch the wedding is on BBC.
2. They are singing a Charles Wesley tune! Pretty cool.
3. A Royal Wedding is apparently the opportunity of choice for Americans to demonstrate their cultural arrogance and historical ignorance (Facebook is the tool of choice for this).
4. Most surreal moment: watching Elton John sing, “Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer.”
5. Harry is a hoot.
6. How many of the hats worn were designed by Dr. Seuss?
7. Watching events like this make me feel as if I’m watching a live scene from history.
8. How would it work to have a trumpet fanfare just before I enter the pulpit on Sunday?
9. Even British children sound intellectual.
So, what are your thoughts? Did you watch? How do you feel about events like this?